Sunday, September 11, 2011

Football Beers

Here is my appreciation post celebrating the awesomeness that is fall, football and beer.  On a personal note, Week 1 is always a big transition for me.  As a teacher, I hold summer as a sacred season and never want it to end.  Starting school is always a big downer...the end of freedom and the start of working.  If I am going to accept the start of school, I want everything that goes along with it.  I want cooler temperatures, playoff baseball, football Sunday's and fall beers.  I want an excuse to make homemade chili and a reason to sit at a sports bar for 4 hours. 

Brains, our barleywine, was brewed for this season.  I know, I know.  Real football fans, real men, drink Coors Light or Miller Light while watching football.  That's what the magical box on my wall tells me.  But fall season beers are about high ABV and huge flavor. 

Today my beer fridge is stocked with Bell's Octoberfest, Flying Dog Table for Two, New Belgium Trippel and one lonely Bell's Oracle. 

Hooray football and hooray beer!

What's your Week 1 beer?

No comments:

Post a Comment