Friday, April 15, 2011

Tax Day Beers

Went out to Meridian Pint for the DC Brau event debuting their Public Ale.  One thing is obvious, there is a huge demand for craft brew in DC.  The place was packed - a line at 5pm to get in and lines to get in throughout the night.  I wasn't in love with the beer, an IPA.  I'm not a hop-head.  I can appreciate hoppy beer if it's done well and balanced overall.  This beer had a bitter, citrusy finish that didn't do it for me.  Meridian Pint had a Baltimore beer event on Wednesday, so they had a few left over on tap.  By a few, I mean it seemed like half their beers were Baltimore beers.  I ended up with a Brewer's Art Three Peppercorn Tripel, an Olivers/Stillwater cask Channel Crossing #3 and Hot Monkey Love.  I'm not ashamed to admit that the Hot Monkey Love was my favorite of the night.  An old English-style ale, it had a lot of flavors going on from start to finish.  All-in-all a good night at Meridian Pint (I haven't had a bad night there yet).   The night ended badly however.  My beloved Yankees fell to the Texas Rangers 5-3. 

Tomorrow I may be taking the Port City Brewery tour before we all get together and celebrate a glut of March/April birthdays at a house party.  Unless Coors Light has become a craft beer, I won't be partaking in any tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment